Developing Operations Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Industry: Oil and Gas
Required Skills: O&M, Operations, SNS, Offshore Oil and Gas, Asset Support
Owing to continued growth, increased operational activity in ODEAM has led to higher activity within the Asset Support Team which will continue further as the company continues to grow over the next year. As such an exceptional opportunity has now arisen for a Developing Engineer to join the business on a staff basis to support ODEAM across various facets of the business supporting and covering offshore operations based out of our Great Yarmouth office.
We currently have an opportunity for a Developing Operations Engineer to be based in the Great Yarmouth office on a Staff basis.
The key aims of the role are:
- To assist in the provision of operations and maintenance support services to various client operated assets
- Day-to-day assistance with operations activities
- Occasional use of a proprietary computer-based maintenance management system in the planning, reporting and analysis maintenance and inspection activities
- Occasional use of the Asset Integrity Management software
- Assisting in the development of workpacks for offshore vendors
- Assisting in the closeout of vendor activities
- Participate in offshore intervention visits to client operated assets
- Deputise for other Operations Engineers
- Develop into future Operations Engineer or Asset Focal Point
Scope of Responsibilities:
Organisation and Resources
- Contribute to the detailed planning of planned maintenance and inspection visits including resource planning, materials and equipment
- Assist with the management of planned maintenance and inspection backlogs, deferrals and temporary mitigation measures
- Assist with equipment defect investigation and repair
- Assist with shutdown planning
- Assist with visit planning
- Produce monthly reports
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- Contribute to risk assessments related to offshore inspection activities
- Actively contribute to a strong SHEQ culture through visible safety behaviours.
- Assist with competence checking of third party suppliers to deliver maintenance and integrity activities.
- Ensure the implementation of adequate Health, Safety and Environmental work practices, procedures and methods to meet all statutory requirements and the Company SHEQ Management System.
- Liaise with Offshore personnel, Contractors and stakeholders to maintain communication as required
- Participate in accident and incident investigations as required.
- The listing of main responsibilities and main duties is not necessarily exhaustive and may be changed at management discretion to reflect the needs of the company
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Basic understanding of engineering or offshore operations
- Basic understanding of risk assessment and controls
- Basic understanding of Major Accident Hazards
- Basic understanding of technical drawings, isometrics or P&IDs
- Basic understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Offshore or site experience - preferable
- MIST, Offshore Survival (BOSIET/FOET), Medical Certificate and secondary means of escape training i.e. Donut/S-cape - preferable
- Good analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT literacy in Microsoft Office applications
- Full and valid driving licence
- Flexible and able to travel for meetings, training courses etc
- Willingness to continue learning and developing including studying in own time
NVQ or BTEC Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject (Engineering or Operations) or equivalent.
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2022. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGEDApply Now