EPC Manager (Offshore Wind)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Wimbledon, London
Industry: Renewables/Offshore Wind
Required Skills: Renewables, Offshore Wind, EPC, FEED, Project Management
The EPC Manager is responsible for managing the execution of wind farm projects across the business, from early maturation stages through wind farm construction until transfer to operations. In addition, you will help expand our developments internationally and ensure ODE play a major role in all large-scale offshore wind developments moving forwards. The EPC Manager will help support the project management and project engineering teams in leading and developing projects.
We currently have an opportunity for an Offshore Wind EPC Manager based in London on a Staff basis.
The EPC Manager will have responsibility for leading ODE's development and performance. This includes the delivery of engineering and consultancy project deliverables and supporting projects being delivered to clients in the offshore renewables sector on a global basis.
Playing an important role within the business the applicant will share responsibility for meeting ambitious business growth objectives and help to shape the future across all locations within a growing and ambitious company. Direct input into the strategy and operation of ODE is expected and appreciated.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Lead a multidiscipline engineering team to deliver a topsides detail design EPC project
- Act as deputy for the project manager during his absence
- Co-ordinate engineering activities across disciplines to provide an integrated and soundly engineered solution meeting quality, cost and schedule requirements
- Close liaison with client on all technical matters
- Ensure technical quality of engineering
- Manage discipline lead engineers to execute the design
- Coordination of engineering activities between disciplines.
- Maintain information flow through the engineering disciplines.
- Early identification of project changes and tracking/actioning of such to close-out
- Coordinate engineering activity reports.
- Review multi-discipline study reports for technical content and presentation
- Preparation of technical correspondence to the client including technical queries.
- Preparation of technical back-up to variations
- Assistance in recruitment and selection of resources
Business and Organisation Development:
- Lead the engineering and project management of all major projects in the Head Office.
- Support the implementation and ongoing development of relevant Company systems and procedures across all engineering activities
- Develop, maintain and manage an engineering structure within the London office to support ongoing and future work
- Ensure the implementation and ongoing development of relevant Company systems and procedures across all engineering activities
- Assist/participate in Business Development activities
- Development and implementation of internal and external presentations/ briefings
- Provide technical input to prequalification's and proposals for new work
- Management of and participation in specific scopes of work appropriate to qualifications and experience
- Works with clear focus on allotted man-hours and schedules. Interacts with Project manager and Contracts manager on any engineering issues involving contractual requirements.
- Interfaces/ coordinates/ mediates between various engineering disciplines and departments such as Procurement and construction, and monitors/ tracks progress.
- Sets attainable goals with clients, managers and project team members, identifies potential roadblocks and takes corrective action to ensure those goals are achieved on time and in budget.
- As ODE's representative with clients, suppliers, partners, local authorities and third party contractors, can negotiate terms and conditions related to engineering work, ensure company interests are assured, and maintain good relations with all concerned.
- Able to analyse exposure to risk and quantify potential for losses.
- Experienced in applying diverse strategies for managing the risks taken through composition and implementation of contingency plans.
- Promotes quality awareness throughout the project and PIL, ensures that all project QC manuals/procedures are effectively implemented, and develops and implements a QC monitoring system.
- Oversees project closeout, ensures that all lessons learned are well documented and circulated.
Staff Management and Development:
- Lead the selection and recruitment of engineering and technical personnel
- Ensure the provision of appropriately qualified and competent personnel for specific scopes of work
- Manage the ongoing development of personnel and resources to assist in meeting the Company's Business Plan
- Participate in the developing engineers programme, providing leadership and mentoring support.
- Maintain Competence Assessments for all engineering personnel
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
- Participate in accident and incident investigations as required.
- Form part of the Emergency Response team as required by the Company Emergency Response Procedures
- Experienced in engineering management of offshore renewables projects
- Has minimum ten relevant years experience
- Demonstrable track record of technical delivery within budget and schedule
- Excellent change control and management skills
- Good understanding of project cost and schedule controls
- Is a self starter but works well within a management team
- Articulate with excellent report writing skills.
- Experience of lump sum projects a distinct advantage
- Chartered engineer in an appropriate discipline and probably membership at fellow level of a professional engineering body
- Significant experience gained in the oil, gas and renewables sector.
- Substantial previous experience of working with multi-discipline engineering teams
- Excellent team working and leadership skils
- Have a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering (Civil, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical) as well as solid technical understanding and relevant experience within the offshore industry. Preferably chartered
- Come from a similar position as EPC Manager or Package Manager and have gained hands-on experience with all phases of the Design and construction of large CAPEX projects
- Have good knowledge of international project management standards, such as PMI, IPMA or PRINCE2, as well as experience with stage-gate divided project execution
- Have leadership and team management experience from large, complex infrastructure projects, preferably from a strong matrix organisation, and you have business insights and understand the key drivers and levers that influence business performance
- Professional Body Membership
Location: London office based/remote working/travel to ODE international offices and client sites
Reports to: Head of Renewables
Closing date for applications is 4th December 2020. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGEDApply Now