Foundations Package Manager (offshore Wind)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Wimbledon, London
Required Skills: "Foundations", "Package Management", "offshore Wind", "Structural and Civil Engineering","Owners Engineer", "FEED", "Design"
Working across multiple offshore wind farm projects, the primary focus for the Foundations Package Manager is to deliver the foundation package on an offshore Wind Farm that is currently in the pre-construction phase, you will support the end client to deliver their Offshore Foundation Transport & Installation Package. The Foundations PM will also support on other live offshore wind farm projects including involvement on live bids, proposals, consulting and R&D design lead scopes
We currently have an opportunity for an Offshore Wind Foundations Package Manager based in London on a Staff basis.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Lead project or work with lead engineer to achieve a satisfactory conclusion of the project within the allotted budget and timescale
- Work in a multi-disciplinary project team, to conduct design and analysis work independently and to the satisfaction of the project lead
- Lead and support engineering projects
- Ability to act as a project engineer/package engineer/package manager on behalf of client
- Can deliver foundations package from start to finish, so understands both theoretical and practical elements of foundations design, management, fabrication and installation.
- Prepare Employers Requirements, review EPCI Design Basis and FEED studies
- Contract management, preparation and review of Technical Communication Notes;
- Package / Contractor interface; various - HSE, QA and QC, consent compliance, stakeholder engagement and site conditions (geophysical, geotechnical and metocean);
- Package Document Control;
- Assisting in Factory Acceptance Tests or audits of contractors and their sub-contractors and
- Assisting in the daily management of contractors once the Project moves into the construction phase
- Responsible, as directed, for providing project engineering services to clients that are, for example, owners, financiers, bidders or developers of offshore wind farms that are in various phases (eg design, construction, commissioning or operations)
- Proactively identifying engineering issues and risks to be addressed
- Must be competent at managing interfaces between construction packages, Marine Warranty Surveyor, Consents Compliance and Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensure that all design work under their control is performed, reviewed, checked and approved in accordance with ODE and/or project specific engineering procedures
- Provide sketches, supervise drafting of drawings by CAD resource
- Preparing engineering model and reports
- Provide technical supervision to a graduate structural engineer
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
- Participate in accident and incident investigations as required.
- Form part of the Emergency Response team as required by the Company Emergency Response Procedures
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Experienced foundation engineer, with OWF foundation design experience.
- Senior level (over 5-years experience in OWF).
- Experience with managing stakeholders and clients.
- Experience as Project Engineer with exposure to Offshore Wind Developments
- Experience working on Offshore Wind Foundation packages would be beneficial
- Experience working with external clients and teams beneficial
- Commercial awareness
- Detail conscientious
- High tolerance for uncertainty, results orientation
- Strong work ethic
- Leadership skills and management experience-
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good report writing skills essential
- Confident and outgoing individual
- Team player, self-starter and problem solver i.e. "Can -do" attitude
- Strong IT literacy
- Flexible to travel in UK and working away from base office
Closing date for applications is 30th October 2020. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGEDApply Now