Graduate Safety Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Wimbledon, London
Required Skills: Graduate Safety/ Safety and Environmental Engineer
ODE are recruiting for a Graduate Safety/ Safety and Environmental Engineer to start Summer 2020! This will be a staff based role based in our London office, but with the opportunity to travel to our other ODE offices.
Application deadline is 31st January 2020. Follow the link below to apply!
At ODE you will be joining a fast-moving and technically diverse environment. ODE is unique and often takes projects from feasibility to completion and beyond. We undertake an unusually wide range of work, offering variety, challenge and opportunities for original, innovative engineering that is tailored to the needs of each project.
We currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Safety/ Safety & Environmental Engineer based in London with travel to our other ODE & client offices on a Staff basis.
The key aims of the role are:
- Support team in conducting safety & environmental engineering, reliability studies and analyses in support of project and/or consultancy scopes of work (initially under close guidance);
- Provide support to ODE Duty Holder Operations e.g. development and management of permits and consents;
- Provide input and support to bids/tenders/proposals and ensure timely achievement of safety & environmental engineering related deliverables;
- Develop capability and work towards Chartership through structured Graduate development programme.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Perform and document safety/environment/reliability studies & analyses in support of project and/or consultancy scopes of work e.g. Fire & Explosion Assessment, QRA;
- Prepare design & engineering documents, drawings, layouts and technical specifications e.g. fire & gas detection layouts, fire protection philosophy etc.;
- Produce and/or amend technical reports, dossiers, procedures etc.
- Attend and scribe at workshops e.g. HAZID/ENVID, HAZOPs, SIL/LOPA.
- Take active role in Graduate Development scheme
- Provide assistance to Line Manager as/when required.
- Support ODE Operations as appropriate e.g. offshore inspections, management of regulatory requirements, conduct risk assessments, provide training.
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
- Contribute towards updates to / compliance with the ODE Safety Cases, CMAPP, the ASEMS and all subsidiary SHEQ documents.
- Leading by example to maintain a strong SHEQ culture.
- Ensure sufficient capability and competence of third part suppliers and staff to deliver against requirements
The listing of main responsibilities and main duties is not necessarily exhaustive and may be changed at management discretion to reflect the needs of the company.
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Perform detailed studies and analyses under supervision;
- Good written and verbal communication with a good standard of technical writing;
- Able to present cohesive arguments;
- Attention to detail;
- Multi-tasking with ability to self-manage work-loads;
- Awareness of applicable developing safety engineering technology and assessment techniques/methodologies;
- Strong IT literacy.
Bachelor or Masters Degree in relevant Engineering subject e.g. Safety & Environmental Engineering, Loss Prevention, Chemical, Energy or other Engineering Degree followed by relevant post-graduate studies.
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2020. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGEDApply Now