Graduate Structural Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Required Skills: Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Offshore Wind, FEED, EPC, Oil & Gas
We are looking for a high calibre graduate, who has proven academic records and is ambitious, self-motivating, willing to learn new skill and willing to accept responsibility to support our national an international business on offshore wind and Oil & Gas projects.
We currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Structural Engineer to be based in London on a Staff basis.
As a newly degree educated and qualified engineer you will be joining the ODE developing engineer scheme. The ODE scheme is primarily provided to assist you in achieving professional accreditation with a recognised Professional Institution, as a Corporate Member, with this scheme being the vehicle to your Professional Development Review. Designed to supply us with the leaders and specialists we'll need tomorrow. The scheme ensures the continual development by provision of mentoring, guidance, development and support in conjunction with increased responsibility. We offer you an intensive two-year learning journey that will ensure you make the most of your talent. You'll get international project experience, tools to drive innovation and a strong cross-functional network with other graduates. With the final aim of getting you to chartered status within a 5 year period.
Scope of Responsibilities:
You'll be supporting project work related to offshore wind development, offshore oil and gas, marine operation, offshore engineering, offshore decommissioning and installation of offshore structures.
Knowledge on one of two of the following subjects related to offshore structural design will be of advantages:
- Soil mechanics, geotechnical analysis
- Fluid mechanics, wind and wave and fluid structural interaction
- Material selection, corrosion protection
- Fabrication and installation methods
- Offshore wind farm development
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
- Participate in accident and incident investigations as required.
- Form part of the Emergency Response team as required by the Company Emergency Response Procedures.
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Good time keeping
- Ambitious and Strong work ethic
- Self-Motivated to learn and to solve project problem in the most efficient manner
- Ethical, open-minded and diplomatic and be able and willing to express his opinions and defend his professional judgement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High tolerance for uncertainty, results orientation
- Flexible to travel working away from base office
Hold a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in related engineering subject (e.g. Civil, Structural, Geotechnical Engineering).
Closing date for applications is 21st March 2021. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGEDApply Now