Head of Oil, Gas and Energy Transition (OGET) (Director)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Wimbledon, London
Industry: Oil and Gas
An exciting opportunity to lead the and be responsible for all OGET activities of the engineering business including the leadership and management of the general engineering disciplines. This will include oversight and management of all aspects of the value chain from Business Development through to successful project execution and completion. The role will be delivery focused and be able to build engineering rapport and confidence from existing and new engineering clients
We currently have an opportunity for a Head of Oil, Gas and Energy Transition (OGET) (Director) to be based in London on a Staff basis.
Is to lead the and be responsible for all OGET activities of the engineering business including the leadership and management of the general engineering disciplines. This will include oversight and management of all aspects of the value chain from Business Development (including being involved in BD activities and work winning) through to successful project execution and completion. The role will be delivery focused and be able to build engineering rapport and confidence from existing and new engineering clients.
Oversee the OGET work pipeline and ensure quality of proposals through oversight and management review.
The role is based within the Wimbledon office in London but responsibilities will extend to all OGET activities across the ODE operational centres. These include the extended distributed engineering organisation with a focus on London, Great Yarmouth and Aberdeen.
The project managers and Chief/Lead Engineers for general engineering shall report directly to the Head of OGET. The role will also be supported by Business Development, proposals, contractual/commercial and other general business functions.
Key aims of the role are to ensure efficient and technically excellent engineering in projects, including providing strategic direction and leadership to the overall engineering capability. This includes management of the OGET budget
The role will be the senior management representative at board level for ODE for OGET in ODE working with the Head of Renewables.
The individual will also be the main interface of the ODE engineering organisation in the wider DORIS Group and will represent, interface and coordinate engineering activities for ODE to the DORIS Group Engineering Business Line Lead.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Lead the review, consolidation and development of the engineering and project delivery OGET organisation to enable robust delivery of projects ranging from front-end activities to detail design.
- Ensure that all ODE OGET projects are profitable, within schedule and to the clients satisfaction
- Lead the development and implementation of the Energy Transition offering for ODE.
- Responsible for good governance and the staffing, maintaining, training, assessment, career & succession planning, and employee welfare for the general engineering organisation. Work with and maintain an aligned personnel management approach for shared resources, with the Head of Renewables.
- Lead all inter-company engineering activities to provide a common/single approach.
- Provide engineering services for brownfield engineering for ODE Asset Management.
- Be responsible for all aspects of OGET projects, delivering projects to cost and schedule, whilst providing high quality services in all aspects from safety, engineering, to procurement and sub-contracts.
- Accountable for the issue of technical and commercial bid proposals, that are achievable, and ensure project delivery and implementation plans are in place that can realistically undertake the work successfully upon award. Also lead where appropriate securing and negotiating new work scope opportunities
- Managing resources to ensure appropriate utilisation and minimisation of unplanned overhead.
- Accountable for interpreting new contracts and workscope requirements, to ensure project deliverables and the right project organisation is adequately staffed, prepared, and all ancillary services are secured, whilst ensuring project risks are successfully identified with appropriate mitigation measures in place at the commencement of each project.
- Represent ODE externally and be responsible for communication between ODE and key clients at senior management level and establish long term client relationships.
- Ensure rigorous processes and procedures are in-place, maintained, improved, and fully utilised to ensure the highest qualities and efficiencies are implemented and improved upon in a sustainable way for the organisation. Apply lessons learned, and also ensure project processes, are routinely and adequately audited
- Be responsible for the issue of all organisational reports and inter-company communication.
- Manage the day to day administration of the London office, the OGET and general engineering organisation.
- Develop annual financial and business improvement plans, goals and budgets. Manage the OGET business stream within those budgets.
- Strive for organisational efficiency and continuous improvements, move towards digitalisation, and capture innovation and best industry practises on a routine, consistent, and quantifiable basis.
- As required, participate in Business Development and sales activities, and ensure BD are correctly targeting and sufficiently providing, a business sustainable influx of identified new prospective future opportunities.
- Manage the supply, use, and commercial basis for OGET resources, as secondees, or for the provision of fixed packages of work inter-company or within the wider DORIS Group.
A highly professional engineer and manager with extensive, proven experience of managing a portfolio of projects, on time, to budget and to the highest level of SHEQ in the Oil and Gas industry.
The successful candidate will have wide ranging experience of facilities and brownfield modifications working for an engineering contractor within a multidiscipline environment. Experience of front end and consultancy is an advantage.
A passion for engineering excellence and quality is essential. A commitment to and engagement of new engineering processes and approaches are key, including a pragmatic problem solving approach, whilst be able to motivate, coach and work with the team.
The role is central to the development and implementation of the ODE Energy Transition strategy so awareness of knowledge of energy transition activities and sector is important.
Knowledge of cutting-edge engineering practices, digitalisation and project management is key. Understanding and development of new engineering and project management tools to market is important.
Closing date for applications is 5th December 2021. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGEDApply Now