Internal Recruitment Consultant
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Wimbledon, London
Required Skills: Internal Recruitment, Engineering, Oil and Gas, Renewables, Talent Acquisition, Stakeholder Management
You'll help to build strong talent pipelines for our company's current and future hiring needs, you'll play a key part in ensuring ODE continues to deliver its manpower requirements across key projects in both O&G and in Offshore Wind. Working closely with key stakeholders you will take responsibility for key departments and become a trusted advisor, developing an in-depth knowledge of their requirements to ensure that you can attract the best talent into our business.
Providing a recruitment service to the business. Managing, sourcing and attracting high quality talent into the business support the end-to-end hiring process for UK-based technical and business functional roles across Corporate, Engineering, Asset Management and Renewables.
The candidate will be responsible for delivering all aspects of the recruiting process throughout the organisation and they will play a critical role in ensuring the business is hiring the best possible talent.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Day-to-day management of Recruitment for London, Great Yarmouth and global offices (US & APAC)
- Support the Recruitment Manager & relevant Hiring Managers in assessing manpower requirements for new/existing projects
- Manage relationships with hiring managers and provide a consultative recruitment service
- Meet regularly with hiring managers to understand hiring patterns, requirements and client culture
- Prepare and issue weekly resource list to internal contacts
- Ensure job specs are consistent and well written
- Advise hiring managers on the full recruitment cycle and key legislation
- Ensure compliance throughout the ODE Group recruitment process
- Liaison with recruitment agencies on the PSL and maintenance of up-to-date contact details of preferred agents
- Generate candidates directly using innovative sourcing methods (internet job advertising, search analytics, networking, referrals, client website, employee referral schemes etc.)
- Active searches of LinkedIn and similar sources for potential staff recruits
- Job posting - To PSL / Job boards and LinkedIn
- Update / Maintain vacancies on the ODE Group website
- Receipt, recording, review and initial shortlisting of applications, forwarding shortlisted candidates to the hiring manager, arranging interviews and notifying unsuccessful and rejected candidates of the outcome of their applications.
- Logging of CV's of potential candidates and distribution to Managers for review
- Co-ordinate feedback to candidates and third parties when applicable, and manage process through to offer stage.
- Suggest new ideas for improving recruitment activities
- Research recruitment trends in the O&G and offshore wind industry
- Work with internal stakeholders to increase the effectiveness of the Induction process
- Participation in arrangements for own continuing professional and personal development
- Other duties as required that are reasonably within the scope of the jobholder's experience and ability
Skills & Experience:
- Good understanding of UK recruitment practices
- Knowledge of standard hiring practices, recruitment metrics, interview techniques, and management systems and approaches
- Familiarity with social media, resume databases and professional networks
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, and able to handle multiple projects
- Have a keen eye for detail whilst being results-oriented and able to stay calm under pressure and in uncertainty
- Able to form strong connections with others, earning their trust, and hence being able to influence even the highest level of management in the business.
- Proactive approach to HR and Talent Acquisition as a value-add function
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Commercial awareness
- Detail conscientious
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and outgoing individual
- Team player, self-starter and problem solver i.e. "Can - do" attitude
- The successful candidate will also have excellent attention to detail and be able to multi task
- Degree level academic qualification
- CIPD membership or studying an advantage
- Experienced recruiter with both in-house and external recruitment experience including at least 5 year in oil & gas, energy, renewables, construction or a similar environment to provide an understanding of industry roles and activities.
- Strong IT literacy with competent knowledge of Microsoft Office