Junior Cost and Planning Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Industry: Oil and Gas
Required Skills: Junior Cost and Planning Engineer
ODE are currently recruiting for a Junior Cost and Planning Engineer to be based in Great Yarmouth with occasional travel offshore and to our other ODE offices. Application deadline is 6th March 2020.
Please click on the link below to view the job description and apply!
At ODE you will be joining a fast-moving and technically diverse environment. ODE is unique and often takes projects from feasibility to completion and beyond. We undertake an unusually wide range of work, offering variety, challenge and opportunities for original, innovative engineering that is tailored to the needs of each project.
We currently have an opportunity for a Junior Cost and Planning Engineer based in Great Yarmouth with occasional travel to our other ODE offices on a Staff basis.
- To assist in the development and administration of contract budgets.
- Assist with the coordination and management of operations contract cost allocations.
- To assist in administering, co-ordinating and managing the Integrated Plan.
- To ensure the Attendance Tracking system (ATS) aligns in terms of resources in conjunction with the Resource Co-ordinators.
- Assist with the day to day coordination of the planning control function.
- In conjunction with the supply chain, assist with the management of critical materials meeting their required deadlines.
- Deputise for the existing Cost and Planning Engineer.
- Develop into future Senior Cost and Planning Engineer
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist with annual budgets in collaboration with contract managers
- Ensure the correct allocation of costs for procured items
- Ensure the cost of procured items is within approved budget and highlight any areas of concern to contract managers
- Input into day-to-day management of budgets and presentation of budgets to key stakeholders
- Input into the financial aspect of contractual key performance indicators
- Input into the financial aspect of the contractual budget savings process
- Input into various cost and planning reports from the timewriting and procurement systems
- Assessing risk to delivery of schedules, recommending risk reducing actions where required in order to gain better confidence of 'on time delivery'
- Identifies/highlights planning clashes or interfaces and works with the team to resolve issues.
- Attends planning, engineering and operations meetings
- Liaises with engineering/operations/resources personnel to ensure availability of vendors to meet plan dates
- Provide input into daily, weekly and monthly progress reports (including "S" curves, histograms) and areas of concern and remedial actions.
- Ensure that the plans within MMS (Maintenance Management System) are aligned with the Primavera plan.
- Input into maintenance, integrated and operations plans
- Ensure changes to the plan are documented and managed effectively.
- Learn to prepare, manage, optimise and update of an overall integrated plan to meet changing business needs:
- Determine integrated operations plan to allow for efficiencies in scheduling resources and logistics (supply vessels and flights) accounting for operational risk factors and provide relevant mitigation plans.
- Determine optimal resource allocation in order to meet work order MMS maintenance due dates.
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
- Input into SHEQ activities
- Monitor performance against the SHEQ plan.
- Gain an awareness of the cost, delivery and availability of procured Safety and Environmentally Critical Elements.
The listing of main responsibilities and main duties is not necessarily exhaustive and may be changed at management discretion to reflect the needs of the company
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Basic understanding of business finance
- Basic understanding of planning processes
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, self-starter and problem solver i.e. "Can -do" attitude
- Highly driven, motivated and confident with a diverse range of people
- Competent user of the full Microsoft Office suite
- Awareness of planning software
- Willing to continue learning and developing including studying in own time
- NVQ or BTEC Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject (Project Planning, Financial Management or Business Studies) or equivalent
Closing date for applications is 6th March 2020. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGED