Junior Integrity Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Industry: Oil and Gas
Required Skills: Junior Integrity Engineer
ODE are recruiting for a Junior Integrity Engineer to be based in Great Yarmouth with occasional visits offshore and to our other offices. Application deadline 6th March 2020.
Please click the link below to view the job description and to apply!
At ODE you will be joining a fast-moving and technically diverse environment. ODE is unique and often takes projects from feasibility to completion and beyond. We undertake an unusually wide range of work, offering variety, challenge and opportunities for original, innovative engineering that is tailored to the needs of each project.
We currently have an opportunity for a Junior Integrity Engineer based in Great Yarmouth with occasional travel to our other ODE offices on a Staff basis.
- To assist in the effective management of maintenance, integrity and engineering risks, in particular Major Accident Hazards and the designated Safety and Environmentally Critical Elements.
- Assist in the production of work scopes for offshore inspection works, particularly in relation to MAH's and the designated SECE's.
- Assist with the handover and understanding of workscopes.
- Assist in the close out of all scopes, identification of anomalies and update of inspection periods and written schemes of examination.
- Deputise for existing Integrity Engineers.
- Develop into future Senior Integrity Engineer
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Support and help to co-ordinate offshore (topsides) inspections.
- Contribute to the development of annual and five year asset integrity plans.
- Participate in the development of risk-based inspection schemes and issue of detailed inspection work-packs to third-party vendors.
- Review inspection provider reports for accuracy
- Review inspection reports to identify defects or anomalies.
- Produce monthly status reports.
- Monitor and record monthly integrity data for the sampling and monitoring scheme.
- Update inspection intervals in maintenance management system
- Download and trending of platform production data.
- Contribute to emission reports.
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
- Contribute to risk assessments related to offshore inspection activities
- Contribute to risk assessments related to pipework, structures and pipeline failure risks and mitigations.
- Actively contribute to maintain a SHEQ culture through visible safety behaviours.
- Assist with competence checking of third party suppliers to deliver maintenance and integrity activities.
- Ensure the implementation of adequate Health, Safety and Environmental work practices, procedures and methods to meet all statutory requirements and the Company SHEQ Management System.
- Liaise with Offshore personnel, Contractors and stakeholders to maintain communication as required.
- Participate in accident and incident investigations as required.
The listing of main responsibilities and main duties is not necessarily exhaustive and may be changed at management discretion to reflect the needs of the company.
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Basic understanding of inspection or integrity management.
- Basic understanding of risk assessment and controls in relation to Major Accident Hazards.
- Basic understanding of technical drawings, isometrics or P&IDs.
- Basic understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Offshore or site experience - preferable
- MIST, Offshore Survival (BOSIET/FOET), Medical Certificate and secondary means of escape training i.e. Donut/S-cape - preferable.
- Good analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong IT literacy in Microsoft Office applications.
- Full and valid driving licence
- Flexible and able to travel for meetings, training courses etc.
- Willingness to continue learning and developing including studying in own time
- NVQ or BTEC Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject (Engineering, Operations, Inspection) or equivalent
Closing date for applications is 6th March 2020. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGED