Junior Maintenance Planner
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Industry: Oil and Gas
Required Skills: Junior Maintenance Planner
ODE are looking to recruit a Junior Maintenance Planner to be based in Great Yarmouth with occasional travel offshore and to our other ODE offices. Application deadline is 6th March 2020.
Please click on the link below to view the job description and to apply!
At ODE you will be joining a fast-moving and technically diverse environment. ODE is unique and often takes projects from feasibility to completion and beyond. We undertake an unusually wide range of work, offering variety, challenge and opportunities for original, innovative engineering that is tailored to the needs of each project.
We currently have an opportunity for a Junior Maintenance Planner based in Great Yarmouth with occasional travel to our other ODE offices on a Staff basis.
- To assist in the provision of operations and maintenance support services to various client operated assets.
- Day-to-day use of a proprietary computer-based maintenance management system in the planning, reporting and analysis maintenance and inspection activities
- To contribute to the development and implementation of multi-discipline maintenance and inspection systems and procedures in respect of new field developments.
- Participate in offshore intervention visits to client operated assets.
- Deputise for Maintenance Planner and Maintenance Administrators.
- Develop into future Senior Maintenance Planning Engineer
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Upkeep and administration of computer-based maintenance management system
- Short and long-term maintenance and inspection planning in respect of client owned offshore assets
- Contribute to the detailed planning of planned maintenance and inspection visits including resource planning, materials and equipment
- Maintenance reporting and analysis
- Assist with the management of planned maintenance and inspection backlogs, deferrals and temporary mitigation measures
- Assist with equipment defect investigation and repair
- Assist with shutdown planning
- Provide monthly maintenance data for inclusion in monthly reports
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
- Contribute to risk assessments related to offshore inspection activities
- Contribute to risk assessments related to maintenance management, failure risks and mitigations.
- Actively contribute to a strong SHEQ culture through visible safety behaviours.
- Assist with competence checking of third party suppliers to deliver maintenance and integrity activities.
- Ensure the implementation of adequate Health, Safety and Environmental work practices, procedures and methods to meet all statutory requirements and the Company SHEQ Management System.
- Liaise with Offshore personnel, Contractors and stakeholders to maintain communication as required.
- Participate in accident and incident investigations as required.
The listing of main responsibilities and main duties is not necessarily exhaustive and may be changed at management discretion to reflect the needs of the company
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Basic understanding of maintenance.
- Basic understanding of risk assessment and controls in relation to Major Accident Hazards.
- Basic understanding of technical drawings, isometrics or P&IDs.
- Basic understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Offshore or site experience - preferable
- MIST, Offshore Survival (BOSIET/FOET), Medical Certificate and secondary means of escape training i.e. Donut/S-cape - preferable.
- Good analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong IT literacy in Microsoft Office applications.
- Full and valid driving licence
- Flexible and able to travel for meetings, training courses etc.
- Willingness to continue learning and developing including studying in own time
- NVQ or BTEC Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject (Engineering, Operations, Inspection) or equivalent
Closing date for applications is 6th March 2020. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGEDApply Now