Junior Process Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Wimbledon, London
Industry: Oil and Gas
Required Skills: Junior Process Engineer
ODE are recruiting for a staff Junior Process Engineer to be based in our London office. Application deadline 13 March 2020.
Please click on the link below to view and apply to this role!
At ODE you will be joining a fast-moving and technically diverse environment. ODE is unique and often takes projects from feasibility to completion and beyond. We undertake an unusually wide range of work, offering variety, challenge and opportunities for original, innovative engineering that is tailored to the needs of each project.
We currently have an opportunity for a Junior Process Engineer based in London with occasional travel to our other ODE offices on a Staff basis.
The candidate will be required to:
- Carry out Process Engineering Calculations, Simulations and other tasks and produce quality reports which are checked by senior staff prior to transmittal to clients.
- Work professionally with others in the Process Engineering and Project Team.
- Attend relevant Safety, Health and Environmental awareness training provided by the company.
- Become proficient in the use of the HYSYS Process Simulator.
- Participate in the Corporate Training and Development scheme.
The role is not an offshore role; however offshore survival certificate holding is an advantage. ODE's normal practice is to provide such training as required to gain offshore survival certification as part of the Corporate Training and Development Scheme.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The candidate will be required to:
- Carry out work in accordance with ODE, Doris and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
- Provide definition of the Process engineering work in the Project, design approach or criteria by skill and experience as directed by the Project Lead Process Engineer.
- Clearly understand the Codes and Standards applicable to the work carried out and raise deviations where necessary.
- Undertake Process engineering design work with true regard to Safety both in design detail and engineering design execution; and to be innovative in design work with due regard to minimisation of cost whilst maintaining technical integrity.
- Provide ad-hoc support to other divisions including Consultancy and Business Development as may occur from time-to-time as supported by the Chief Process Engineer.
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
- Ensure their work implements adequate Health, Safety and Environmental work practices, procedures and methods to meet all statutory requirements and the Company SHEQ Management System.
The listing of main responsibilities and main duties is not necessarily exhaustive and may be changed at management discretion to reflect the needs of the company.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical Engineering) or equivalent.
- May have process engineering experience in design/operations.
- May have experience related to the oil & gas production and processing industries.
- May have participated in a graduate training scheme with a bona fide corporation or institution.
- Ideally registered as an affiliate or associate Engineering Institution member aspiring to Engineering Chartership.
Closing date for applications is 13th March 2020. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGEDApply Now