Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Industry: Oil and Gas
Required Skills: Accountancy, ACA, Management Reporting, Auditing
Recent Duty Holder contracts have increased the volume of work and amount of administration for key systems and so we require a Management Accountant to support the accounting function for the ODEAM business along with Gt Yarmouth engineering. The Company Accountant needs to be able to focus more attention on future implications, forecasts, checking and approving work.
We currently have an opportunity for a Management Accountant to be based in Great Yarmouth on a Staff basis.
- Support Production of Management Accounts for ODE AM and Gt Yarmouth region for ODE
- Involved in transactional detail through to Management Reporting, understanding all processes
- Key Link from Accounting to procurement and Project Controls Teams
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Month end accounting for ODE AM and Gt Yarmouth region of ODE
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Register and Depreciation charges
- Assist in the production/update of forecasts and budgets
- Support the financial Year-end audit
- Involvement in bid preparation
- Maintaining and implementing new financial controls
- Preparation and/or Verification of revenue invoices and ensure integrity of accounts data input
- Administration of support systems (timesheets, procurement)
- Developing Reporting using BI Tools
- Support the development and implementation of new / replacement systems and procedures
- Support Safety in all aspects of work
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Commercial awareness
- Detail conscientious
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good report writing skills essential
- Confident and outgoing individual
- Team player, self-starter and problem solver i.e. "Can -do" attitude
- Strong IT literacy with experience and competency in the use of accounting software, Excel and databases.
- Flexible to travel in UK and working away from base office
- Full and valid driving licence
Must hold, or be studying towards a recognised accounting qualification, either ACA / CA / ACCA / CIMA.
Closing date for applications is 06th February 2022. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGEDApply Now