Offshore Wind Yield & Performance Analyst
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Wimbledon, London
Required Skills: Offshore Wind, WTG, Energy Yield, Wind Analysis, SCADA
ODE is looking for a Wind Analyst to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking analysis of wind data and operational data to predict the energy output of pre-construction and operational wind farm projects across the globe for a variety of clients. A variety of additional commercial & non-commercial wind analysis based tasks will also be expected to advance and develop ODE's position as a market leading consultancy in providing wind farm development consultancy
We currently have an opportunity for an Offshore Wind Yield & Performance Analyst to be based in London on a Staff basis.
An outstanding opportunity to join a fast-growing team working on a multitude of exciting offshore wind farm developments around the globe. You will lead and further develop ODE's wind analysis and energy yield assessment competence area and service offering, as part of the wider WTG Engineering Solutions competence centre. You will have 5+ years' experience in this field, along with the strategic thinking to both support ODE's growing pipeline of projects and to develop new products and services. You will be client-facing with excellent communication skills and the ability to develop and mentor junior engineers in your field of expertise.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Analysis of wind data and operational data to predict the energy output of pre-construction and operational wind farm projects.
- Analysis and reporting of meteorological data (met masts, SoDAR, LiDAR).
- Calculation of energy yield assessment and technical losses.
- Detailed wind turbine SCADA and operational performance analysis.
- Experience with one or more of: WAsP, Windographer, Openwind, WindPRO, WindFarmer.
- WTG layout design and optimisation, and site suitably assessments, including for new markets.
- Review of third-party energy yield assessments as part of technical due diligence activities.
- Develop and mentor junior colleagues as ODE's technical expert in wind resource and energy yield assessments.
- Appreciation of the latest innovations in technology and research.
- Lead meetings with clients and suppliers.
- Responsible for assignment of cost, time and resource estimates.
- Preparation of technical/commercial tenders.
- Responsible for maintaining/updating project CTRs.
- Report progress of assigned projects to senior Management.
- Interface with technical and organisational disciplines.
- Lead new business proposals for offshore wind farm projects.
- Meeting with and presenting to potential clients, partners and industry leaders to promote the services of ODE.
- Support project managers / discipline lead engineers on larger renewable scopes of work.
- Experience in offshore wind emerging markets would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with GIS software an advantage.
- Programming and software development experience an advantage
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- A strong mathematical background with an analytical mindset is expected
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and social skills. Comfortable as a client interface
- Leadership skills
- Outstanding technical understanding of their discipline
- Commercial awareness
- Motivated team worker, encouraging the best from all involved
- Confident and outgoing individual
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexible to travel in UK and working away from base office
Qualifications / Experience:
MEng or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Scientific subject. Knowledge of and experience with industry-standard energy yield assessment methodologies.
Closing date for applications is 28th November 2021. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGEDApply Now