Operations Support Engineer – E & I
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Required Skills: Oil&Gas, Offhore, Project Engineering, Asset Management, HAZOP, Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation
At ODE you will be joining a fast-moving and technically diverse environment. ODE is unique and often takes projects from feasibility to completion and beyond. We undertake an unusually wide range of work, offering variety, challenge and opportunities for original, innovative engineering that is tailored to the needs of each project.
We currently have an opportunity for a Operations Support Engineer (E & I) based in Great Yarmouth on a Staff basis.
To join the Asset Support Team based in Great Yarmouth and work across a range of offshore gas installations and renewable assets for a variety of clients.
Initially the role will be dedicated to the supporting the delivery of a project through to the operations phase acting primarily as a Project Engineer whilst also providing occasional discipline support to existing operations. The position would then transition to the asset support team as Operations Engineer (Electrical or Instrument) support all ODE AM clients.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Initial Project Support
Support the Operations Manager with Operational Readiness activities and Operational input to the project during design including:
- Assist in developing the scope and plan for all operational readiness activities
- Produce / input to technical documents and key philosophies during both the design & operational readiness phases of the project.
- Provide and coordinate operational input to the project design including review of key design documentation and attendance at HAZOPs, model reviews, and safety assessments etc.
- Assist in development of maintenance & integrity policies, strategies and routines. Ensure project delivers the appropriate information to enable population of the maintenance database.
- Provide and coordinate operational input to construction and pre-commissioning activities in the fabrication yard as required.
- Provide and coordinate input to the hook-up, commissioning and start-up plan and activities
- Deputise for the contract manager as required
- Responsible for ensuring operations systems are developed in accordance with ODE, Client and International Standards.
- Coordinate multi-discipline project teams to develop and implement fit for purpose scopes which are delivered safely in accordance with the project schedule, agreed budgets, and completion dates.
- Represent the company and act as focal point with clients for all project activities including providing project progress updates
- Manage scope, cost & schedule changes for each phase
- Conduct offshore / site surveys as required
- Manage project risks and coordinate all mitigation activities to address the risks
- Consolidate and agree scopes of work with clients and support the preparation of proposals, detailed cost estimates and project schedules
- Ensure work is planned and executed safely and in line with ODE's SHEQ policy
Operations Support Engineer
- Assist with the coordination of all changes to asset instrument and control systems using client Management of Change procedures and to formulate scopes of work in sufficient detail to allow detailed cost estimates to be developed by engineering department.
- Effectively managing maintenance and operations risks, in particular SECE's
- Ensure all Instrument / Electrical drawings / documents are maintained to reflect the current operations.
- Establishing and maintaining an annual work plan that interfaces scheduled maintenance with additional engineering and verification activities
- Review anomalies identified from daily operating reports and assess implications.
- Review data from completed maintenance activities and compare with equipment expectations, investigating alternatives for items continually failing to meet targets.
- Attend fabrication and vendor premises to assist with factory acceptance testing and commissioning activities in support of both new and existing assets.
- Attend onshore, offshore installations and overseas to assist with site acceptance tests and other support activities.
- Maintain familiarity with relevant statutory regulations, codes of practice and offshore industry standards, Health and Safety at Work etc.
- Experience and knowledge of Managing Major Accident Hazards.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and social skills
- Leadership skills and management experience
- Demonstrate proactive approach to achieving high safety and environmental standards
- Commercial awareness
- Motivated team worker, encouraging the best from all involved
- Confident and outgoing individual
- Strong work ethic
- MIST, Offshore Survival (BOSIET/FOET), Medical Certificate and secondary means of escape training i.e. Donut/S-cape - preferable.
- Excellent change control and organisational skills.
- Good analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to write reports for different audiences.