Principal Electrical Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Required Skills: Electrical Engineer, Offshore Wind, Systems and Power Generation, HVDC, Chartered Engineer, FEED, Detailed Design, Battery Storage, Substations, Cables
Owing to further projects wins within offshore wind. ODE are looking for a Principal HV Electrical Engineer with a Renewables background who has worked on major OFW Projects and with experience in:
*Grid Connection / OFTO
*HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) Transmission
*Battery Energy Storage
This roles offer significant opportunity for personal development and the opportunity to get involved in some of the most exciting projects.
We currently have an opportunity for a Principal Electrical Engineer to based in London on a Staff basis.
Prepare and update of Electrical deliverables. The candidate will have particular experience in Offshore Windfarms, Solar Power, Energy Storage Systems and Power Generation from Renewables in General. Capable of contributing to many areas as part of a small project team. Capable of originating documentation and working without supervision and with minimal external input. Incline to mentor and deliver within time and schedule. To supervise and train staff.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Engineering Design of Offshore Windfarm or other Power Generation Systems from Renewables, including but not limited to Inter-Array Cables and Export Cables. Construction and Installation oriented.
- Assess and Identify the requirements for grid connection.
- Conduct Studies, Cables Sizing and Thermal Analysis.
- Electrical Engineering Design of substations, both Offshore and Onshore.
- Electrical Engineering Design of Energy Storage Systems.
- Electrical Engineering Design of HV AC-DC Conversion Systems.
- Coordinate engineering activities with other interested parties.
- Represent ODE with Clients on technical matters.
- Prepare and update technical specifications.
- Prepare and issue reports on electrical design.
- Prepare and issue Enquiry Documentation.
- Technical Bid analysis of electrical equipment and materials.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs).
- Assist with the preparation of budget estimates (materials and man-hours).
- Review Project Documents produced by third parties.
- Direct and lead other junior engineers and designers as required
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- Responsible for SHEQ activities.
- Leading by example to maintain a strong SHEQ culture through visible safety leadership.
- Ensure the implementation of adequate Health, Safety and Environmental work practices, procedures and methods to meet all statutory requirements and the Company SHEQ Management System.
Competencies & Soft Skills:
Electrical engineer, with experience as an electrical engineer in the renewables industry for offshore projects. Candidates should have:
- Commercial awareness
- Detail conscientious
- Strong work ethic
- Leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and outgoing individual
- Team player, self-starter.
- Strong IT literacy
- Flexible to travel in UK and Overseas
- Detail Conscientious
- Leadership experience
- Good report and procedure writing skills
- Good ability to work own initiative with a 'can do' attitude
Candidates must be Degree qualified and Chartered engineer, registered with an Engineering Council or equivalent.
Closing date for applications is 5th February 2021. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGEDApply Now