Principal/Senior Safety Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Industry: Oil and Gas
Required Skills: Senior/ Principal Safety Engineer
ODE are currently recruiting for a staff Senior/ Principal Safety Engineer to be based out of our London office. Application deadline is Thursday 20th February 2020.
To apply, please follow the link below!
At ODE you will be joining a fast-moving and technically diverse environment. ODE is unique and often takes projects from feasibility to completion and beyond. We undertake an unusually wide range of work, offering variety, challenge and opportunities for original, innovative engineering that is tailored to the needs of each project.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior/Principal Safety Engineer based in London on a Staff basis.
- Conduct and when applicable lead large/medium safety engineering & reliability studies and analyses in support of project and/or consultancy scopes of work with little or no guidance.
- Provide input and support to ODE Duty Holder Operations e.g. Safety Case management, acting as Deputy Technical Authority.
- Provide input and support to bids/tenders/proposals and ensure timely achievement of safety & environmental engineering related deliverables.
- Mentor and aid in the development of team members, especially in terms of technical competency.
- Actively support Business Development.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Lead, perform and document safety/reliability studies & analyses in support of project and/or consultancy scopes of work e.g. Fire & Explosion Assessment, QRA;
- Prepare design & engineering documents, drawings, layouts and technical specifications e.g. fire & gas detection layouts, fire protection philosophy etc.;
- Produce and/or amend Safety Cases or similar.
- Chair / scribe safety related workshops e.g. HAZID / ENVID, HAZOPs, SIL/LOPA.
- Under guidance of Director / Project Manager, prepare and plan CTRs ensuring all requirements in place to provide fit for purpose deliverables to time and cost;
- Within bounds set by Director / Project Manager, liaise with clients directly to assure client requirements are being captured and then are being met;
- Look for opportunities to add value to deliverables;
- Provide input to Bids / Scopes of Work and Business Development plans
- Assist with development of team members;
- Assume Lead Engineer role as appropriate and as such lead other team members in the delivery of safety & environmental scopes of work;
- Continue to develop core Safety & Environmental Engineering competencies across range of areas whilst developing most to expert level.
- Support ODE Operations as appropriate e.g. TA deputy, offshore inspections, management of regulatory requirements, conduct risk assessments, provide training.
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
- Contribute towards updates to / compliance with the ODE Safety Cases, CMAPP, the ASEMS and all subsidiary SHEQ documents.
- Leading by example to maintain a strong SHEQ culture.
- Ensuring sufficient capability and competence of third part suppliers and staff to deliver against requirements.
The listing of main responsibilities and duties is not necessarily exhaustive and may be changed at management discretion to reflect needs of the company
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Perform detailed studies and analyses with no supervision;
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong report writing;
- Able to present cohesive arguments with attention to detail;
- Multi-tasking with ability to self-manage work-loads and work-loads of others to meet agreed timescales for delivery
- Awareness of applicable developing safety engineering technology and assessment techniques/methodologies
- Good working knowledge of applicable regulations, codes of practice, standards and internal procedures
- Strong IT literacy and high level of proficiency with min of 3 analysis tools e.g. Phast, Fred, Bow-tieXP
Closing date for applications is 20th February 2020. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGED