Project Engineer (Offshore Wind)
Contract Type: Permanent
Industry: Renewables/Offshore Wind
Required Skills: Offshore Wind, EPC, Project Engineering, Renewables, Substation, WTG, T&I, Proposals, Bids & Tenders
As a Project Engineer you will responsible for providing project engineering services to stakeholders from design, construction to the commissioning phase working across multiple offshore wind farm projects. You'll identify engineering issues & risks, review project/package schedules to identify and plan engineering input, support in project cost estimation, resource requirements & budgets. You'll also be involved in contract management, general project management, project engineering services.
We currently have an opportunity for a Project Engineer (Offshore Wind) to be based in London on a Staff basis. The Role: Provide project management/ Project Engineering Services across a range of ODE renewables projects. Scope of Responsibilities:
- Run smaller renewables projects as study manager
- Support project manager on larger renewable scopes of work
- Lead ITT for package contracts on Offshore Wind Farms
- Responsible for all technical and commercial aspects of packages
- Lead negotiations with preferred suppliers
- Responsible for maintaining/updating project CTRs
- Checking and approving documents
- Lead meetings
- Production of study reports
- Liaison with external companies such as certification bodies
- Comfortable as a client interface
- Interface with other disciplines to ensure inputs are suitable and that comments are responded to appropriately
- Lead numerous new business proposals for offshore wind farm projects.
- Meeting with and presenting to potential clients, partners and industry leaders to promote the services of ODE.
- Responsible for the cost, time and resource estimates, detailed technical proposal write-ups and proposals completion.
- Report progress of assigned projects to senior Management
- Safety and Environmental Related Tasks
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and social skills
- Leadership skills and management experience
- Good technical understanding of their discipline
- Commercial awareness
- Motivated team worker, encouraging the best from all involved
- Confident and outgoing individual
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexible to travel in UK and working away from base office