Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Industry: Renewables/Offshore Wind
Required Skills: "Geotechnical Engineering","Structural Engineering", "Civil Engineering", Survey, Installation, "OWT Foundations", "Monopile Design"
Due to increasing growth and significant prospects, we are looking to strengthen the engineering teams in our UK offices working on international projects in the offshore wind sector. ODE is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious engineer to become an invaluable part of the geotechnical team, who wants to grow and develop within the industry. This role will be part of a high-performing team working on a growing international pipeline of projects.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to based in London on a Staff basis.
The key requirements are:
- Geotechnical design/survey/installation works for projects involving foundations and subsea structures
Team leader/PM on monopile design for OWT foundations, working together and jointly with the structural and geotechnical teams.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Experience with geotechnical/geophysical data and geotechnical interpretative reports (GIR). Experience managing geological/geotechnical ground models is an advantage.
- Offshore foundation design experience (monopile, Jacket, GBS) and load iteration analysis
- Support on issues related with cable burial and OWF construction
- Knowledge on construction and installation methods of OWT/platform
- Good understanding of advanced laboratory tests specification (e.g. Cyclic TX/Cyclic DSS, ring shear, resonant column tests)
- Occasional work as offshore vessel representative as required (less than 4 months per year)
- Support in proposals to secure additional geotechnical works
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- Ensure their work implements adequate Health, Safety and Environmental work practices, procedures and methods to meet all statutory requirements and the Company SHEQ Management System.
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- (Essential) Good working knowledge of applicable regulations, codes of practice and standards, particularly for OWF and O&G projects
- (Essential) Piled foundation design experience is preferable, including familiarity with state-of-the art 3D FE design methods (PISA or equivalent)
- (Essential) Advanced level of understanding of geotechnical issues for OWF
- (Essential) Good written and verbal communication skills
- (Essential) Motivated, team work
- (Essential) Attention to details
- (Preferable) Awareness of applicable developing geotechnical engineering technology and analysis techniques/methodologies
- (Preferable) Experienced with proposals and CTR preparation
- (Preferable) Senior or principal experience in geotechnical engineering
Structural/Geotechnical/Civil Engineering Degree, preferably with MSc or PhD in Geotechnical Engineering
Chartered Member of ICE is preferable. Also accepted if currently working towards similar schemes
Closing date for applications is 31th January 2021. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGEDApply Now