Senior Structural Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Industry: Renewables/Offshore Wind
Required Skills: Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Offshore Wind, FEED, EPC
ODE are currently looking for an experienced and dynamic Chartered Senior Offshore Wind Structural Engineer (ICE, IMECH, Istruct etc) to join our business on a permanent basis. You will work with our global renewables team dedicated to providing services for a variety of clients to include utilities, developers, lenders, investors and other project stakeholders. This is a role that will utilise a diverse set of skills and the initiative to rise to a challenge.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Offshore Wind Structural Engineer based in London on a Staff basis.
- Lead project or work with lead engineer to achieve a satisfactory conclusion of the project within the allotted budget and timescale
- To carry out structural analysis and design of offshore wind structures including wind turbine generator foundation, met masts and substation platforms.
- Advanced level of knowledge of geotechnical parameters and pile/structural interaction
- Advanced level of experiences in the design of monopile or jacket with integrated analysis techniques such as pile/soil interaction, PISA soil analysis, time domain analysis from wind and wave dynamic loading
- Experiences in Transportation and installation enabled design.
- Experiences in the use of SESAM or SACS software will be to the candidate's advantage although practical experience of comparable software will be considered.
- The candidate will be expected to provide technical supervision to junior structural engineer as required.
- To provide effective leadership for a small team and to be innovative and pro-active with the project group in a multidisciplinary team
- To be responsible for delivering work packages as assigned
- To ensure that all design work under his control is performed, reviewed, checked and approved in accordance with the engineering procedures or when specified to a Project Quality Plan
Experience in Offshore Wind:
- Previous working experience for major offshore consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI
- Experience in Lead Engineer role through concepts, FEED and detailed design * Awareness of offshore wind development drivers for design
- Awareness of the interfaces between turbine and foundation
- Awareness of the dynamics of offshore structures subject to wind and wave action
- Experience in transportation analysis
- Experienced foundation engineer, with OWF foundation design experience, familiar with design developments in the offshore wind industry, statutory regulations, code of practice and standards.
- Senior level (over 5-years experience in OWF).
- Perform structural analysis and design of offshore wind structures, especially wind turbine generator foundation structures.
- Assessing, reviewing and interpreting geotechnical input for offshore structural design (liaising with consultants for detailed design).
- Preparing engineering report.
- Assessing, reviewing and interpreting metocean input for offshore structural design.
- Responsible for ensuring that all design work under your control is performed reviewed, checked and approved in accordance with ODE and/or project specific engineering procedures.
- Generate weight reports. Provide sketches, supervise drafting of drawings by CAD resource.
- The appropriate candidate should be ethical, open-minded and diplomatic and be able and willing to express their opinions and defend their professional judgement.
- The candidate should be a self-starter and should be able to be given tasks and will be expected to complete them within allotted timescales to the highest standard.
- Commercial awareness
- Detail conscientious
- High tolerance for uncertainty, results orientation
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, self-starter and problem solver i.e. "Can -do" attitude
The role will be supported by a number of other personnel in ODE, these may comprise the following:
- Project engineering manager
- Chief structural engineer
- Structural designers and CAD operators
- BEng or Master Degree in in a civil / structural / mechanical / marine engineering or related disciplines
- Chartered engineer (preferable but not essential)
- 10-15 years post-graduation experience in offshore structural engineering
Closing date for applications is 7th February 2021. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process.
ODE is an equal opportunities employer.
To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK.
Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered alongside other applicants. Appointments will be based upon ODE being able to provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy within the EU/EEA or the role is listed on The Shortage Occupation List.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGEDApply Now