USA Country Manager (Offshore Wind)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Required Skills: Offshore Wind, FEED, Business Development, Engineering, Project Management, Consultancy, Contract Management, EPCI, Detailed Design
A very exciting opportunity has arisen for a Country Manager to join and lead ODE USA.
Based in Boston, you will be responsible for managing ODE's US Operations and continued growth and success in the Offshore Wind sector.
We currently have an opportunity for a USA Country Manager (Offshore Wind) to be based in Boston on a Staff basis.
The role: Reporting to the Head of Renewables, you'll help to identify opportunities for greenfield development and build a strong project pipeline across the US marke along with the day-to-day management of the Boston office and delivery of engineering and technical services to ODE's current USA Client base.
Scope of Responsibilities: The Country Manager works to represent ODE within the USA market. This involves working to manage operations, develop business and increase profitability for ODE in the USA through successfully delivering offshore wind projects and assignments. The Country Manager must have specialist skills and knowledge relating to the offshore wind sector that includes but are not limited to the following:
- Responsibility for managing USA operations including taking responsibility for ensuring sales, revenue and profit for the USA market meet or exceed the agreed annual budget.
- Developing, with the Head of Renewables, the annual budgets and producing a detailed annual business plan.
- Delivering monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for revenue, profits, and sales.
- Leading business development activities, managing key accounts and creating a sustainable pipeline of work with up to or exceeding a three year lookahead.
- Leading the engineering and project management of all major projects in the USA.
- Lead and provide technical input as required to prequalification's and proposals for new work
- Management of and participation in specific scopes of work for ODE's USA projects.
- As ODE's representative with clients, suppliers, partners, local authorities and third-party contractors, can negotiate terms and conditions related to engineering work, ensure company interests are assured, and maintain good relations with all concerned.
- Oversees project closeout, ensures that all lessons learned are well documented and circulated.
Competencies & Skills:
- Business/ Project Development experience of 5 years + in the offshore wind sector in the region (incl. experience in Wind Energy Development)
- Knowledge of the local Electricity Sector, (Generation, Distribution, or Power Purchase Agreements).
- Business Experience and Network of Contacts in the country.
- Experience in Organic Business Development and proven track record in managing growth (Pipeline to Backlog).
- Experience in leading or playing a major role in significant commercial transactions with senior stakeholders. Strong contractual and negotiations experience as well as creativity for deal making.
- Structured thinker. Strong analytical capability and appreciation of risk versus reward. Good understanding of project financials/ financial models.
- Ability to work independently in the day to day activities through close cooperation and coordination with global headquarters.
- Experience in interacting and managing relationships with partners and clients. Experience in relating to government officials and government departments.
- Flexible work attitude and ability to support multiple projects and add value.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and work with decentralized teams in an international environment.
- Understand the USA marketplace, familiar with local energy policy and regulations.
Qualifications: Must be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably within an offshore engineering discipline with some financial qualifications or training.
Your Application Closing date for applications is 30th September 2021.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Your application will be carefully considered during the initial screening process. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applicants we are unable to personally respond with everyone that applies but we will contact you if you are selected to progress in the recruitment process. To comply with immigration legislation, ODE is legally required to verify your right to work in the USA.
APPROACHES FROM AGENCIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR ACKNOWLEDGED